Monday, August 18, 2008

Saturdays

We enjoy our saturdays getting some chores done followed by lunch and jumping in the fountains. Sadly this time we got busted by the cops and they asked us to kindly get out. I don't
exactly remember my childhood going like that. If anything we did chores while mom or dad policed us. :D Sadly, our Maynes traditions haven't been faded and my kids feel the saturday punch of hard work and play.




This next picture actually has a story to go with it. To start my poor son Allan was extremly sick this day. Just sitting miserable on the couch. He had his bowl of soup and was watching tv. Liz was on the ground in front of him cutting her famous crafts. This was a large paper craft, beautiful and delicate. Well Brayden, strolled by and knocked Allan's soup onto the floor. Sending bits of chicken and noodle all over the floor and LIz ruining her project. Liz starts BAWLING, upset over her hard work being destroyed. Brayden starts BAWLING over Liz screaming and Allan is upset over his soup being gone. Peace and seconds to pure chaos of crying. Well, to tell the picture story, Allan he see's the situation. I'm unable to calm Liz or Bray down, so he takes on the big brother role. Gathers his siblings up on the couch. Puts his arms around them and soothes them like nobody else can. He glances up at his father, as if to say "I've got this one dad" and thats when i snapped the photo with my phone. Moments like that, I couldn't be prouder and he was making peace not just for peace sake but because he loves his family. And in one simple move he soothed Liz, Brayden myself and the spirit in the home.

2 comments:

meg said...

What a sweetheart!! Such a great big bro. You have such good kids. I absolutely love that picture, after hearing all that's behind it I just about cried!

meg said...

What a sweetheart!! Such a great big bro. You have such good kids. I absolutely love that picture, after hearing all that's behind it I just about cried!